Puerto Colom in the distance.
Puerto Colom seen from the inside, fairly cramped and very commercial, mainly targetting the tourist trade, with its boat rides, whale watching, parasending, jet skis, even submarine rides and diving, etc, etc, etc.
A view of a rather nice villa owned by a local hotelier (I think)
I guess everybody feels the same after a vacation? but this time (which is the second time this year that I have been back to the same resort and indeed Hotel) see photo below.
It feels different for me, I really am missing the sea, the deliveries, and indeed just about everything about the sea. I loved the long passages, the first sightings of land, the unpredictability of everything about it, pods of Pilot whales, visiting Dolphins riding in the bow pressure wave, and yes, even some of the bad weather passages and the relief when it all comes good at the end. I must make more of an effort to embroil myself in it once again, its down to me after all, sure I can switch on the engines of my boat and go for a potter maybe 6/700 miles but its not the same as a total weather and lifestyle change. UK to the canaries or even portugal and all is different. UK to say the channel islands Mmmmmmm???? slightly different. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence :o(( I should count myself lucky for the experiences that I have had to date. I guess,
2 comments:
Nice to have you back ;)
Ahh! thanks Claire, nice to be back
Post a Comment