I took the bridge rectifier out of the system a way back, when it appeared that it wasn`t really an issue, as I hadn`t yet introduce an inverter into the system. So using wall power, the amps used weren`t of any real concern, however when I introduced the need for vehicular independance and thus (I would need a long lead to get, by car, from my house to the boat :o)) ) an invertor, which produced 230volts ac from 12 volts dc input) was introduced.
So today I re-installed the bridge rectifier, and in doing so I found a loose cable (incoming negative which may have been the main problem of the high amperage also) and fired the system up!!!!! to find that the amps on "start up" 2.8 amps ( with the system running at a steady 2.1 amps ) so now, were well within the ability of my installed 750 watts (3.4 amps, capability) invertor. So now it should run the system OK????
As the hydrogen production side of the system is run off a seperate modified alternator, there should be adequate power from the existing 120 amp hour, support battery, for what is needed.
Sooo!!!!! I really need now to see if the Invertor smokes or not Mmmmmm!!! £80+ if it does errrr! Should I or shouldn`t I???? ? will it or won`t it?????? perhaps I have had too much success for one day (read lifetime) Mmmmmmmm Oh fcuck it! I`ll plug it in and see!............... WHAMMOOOOOOO!!! no it didn`t "smoke like a cheap hooker" I`m glad to say, it actually ran and Ran and RAN! "Blooooody HeeeeeeLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! (religion again) success???????? Woooooooow!!"
At this very same moment and just as I had switched the system down, throwing "caution to the wind", I "checked" out the connections to the bridge rectifier (Basically just pulling them off manually and visually checking them) and replacing them to make sure that I hadn`t any more loose ones, and WHAM!!!!!!! I got a "belt" which sat me on my ar*e!!!! I had committed a "cardinal sin" (how did religion get in here?) and had forgotten to drain the capacitors down, which can contain and maintain a few thousand volts for a while after closedown. I won`t do that again I can tell you! I`m still ssshhhhaaakkkkkiiiinnnngggg!!!!!!!!!!!
A quick "Ticker" check only to find that, surprisingly, its still working, so the titanium valve has not welded shut, and life goes on! and on, and ON!!!!!!maybe my personal batteries have been charged up somewhat, even?:o)).
Am I Chuffed or what ????????????? :o)) My feet aren`t touching the ground at the moment! Not much further to go now! really.
8 comments:
AWESOME!!!
Hi Tana thanks for the visit! Ahhhh! you are too kind I still have mods to make, and found out today that I can replace the MOT (microwave oven transformer) with a very high voltage capacitor so no second chances from now in :o((
I am not sure, but I don't think that is the proper way to charge your personal batteries. LOL
Be careful my friend.
Bill K
Good luck with it all and be careful! PS you guilted me into updating my blog, so I haven't accomplished too much but Ive posted pics anyways, enjoy, Rhianna
Thanks for your visit and caring comments Bill, I will be careful.
Hi Rhianna! thanks for the visit and good wishes. can`t wait to see the photo`s I`m off there now.
I'm trying to catch up on my blog reading Rob! I'm so proud of you for taking pictures :) Keep up the good work!
Ahhhh! thanks "H" I am trying (very) more to come.
Post a Comment