Sunday, 22 August 2010

"I love it when a plan comes togeather"NOT!!!


Please forgive the toe!

To prevent my invertors (there have been three so far) smoking (blowing up) I have to include an isolation transformer in my plasma spark system and the home of isolation transformers is the US (believe it or believe it not, we don`t appear to use them in the UK ?? or you would think so, as there are none around on uk ebay??)

I purchased a couple from the states at a real good price $80 ones for £8 each brand new plus postage $40 so off I go, I hit the ground running when they arrived. I wired the first one into 240vac as indicated on the label and I got a great psssst!!!! as the twin fuses blew. I replaced these with 240vac 13 amp ones and switched on again and Wow!!! I suddenly realised that I had purchased a smoke machine. So in thick ever darkening, choking smoke I switched off the supply and tried to figure what I had done wrong, for clearl;y I had done something ?????

The wiring was correct ie white to US neutral, black to line? green to earth? the fuses were man enough, possibly too much so ?? and now the project score is 4. Three invertors and one tranny down :o(( I wouldn`t mind if they were "lost" as the result of an unknown faction due to the need to experiment, but because of my total incompitence, is inexcusable :o(( Doh!

"Don`t you just love it when a plan comes togeather" NOT!!!! I have one working "tranny" left and so I am seeking help (in more ways than one) I must be mad???

What straight hair I have!! could have been totally curly by now, as well as a possible "welded shut" titanium Aortic heart valve :o(( Tee Hee!!! Mad??? yes I think I am possibly? as its 04.22 here at the moment and yet another sleepless night. I`ll sort this bloody project out if it kills me! where have I heard that before! :o))

No comments: