Sure I`m bored again! I`m sitting here at the "compbox" wondering what the hell I can get up to next, I`m waiting for some PU sealer to arrive for the joints of my cell and can move no further until it arrives. so I ponder and I ponder, to the extent that my brain begins to ramble, and eventually I came across this thought.
If I were in space and I spun a four ton gyroscope by hand (it would be weightless in space?) what would happen if I stopped it dead (by some means) or even slowed it down,by the same means, could I gain some directional movement, no matter how uncontrolled it is at this juncture? Would it not do anything for me at all? (on earth I believe that, if I was attached some how, I would shoot off in some uncontrolled direction or other, but in space there is no gravity) could it be harnessed to some form of manually powered intergalactic coracle? or at the least to tow an existing straying "station" back into its correct orbit????? Answers on a post card in the comments section please :o)) Yawn!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your over my head Rob. LOL
But I have a question for you that stems from your comment on Tim's blog.
How new are your engines in your boat ?
The reason for question is that if they are newer and are computer controlled you could get all the info you wanted.
If you got engines like my Detroit's which will keep running without any electricity then you would have to put a sensor in for every reading you wanted.
How's that for a ramble ?
Bill Kelleher
I forgot to click follow up email. LOL
Doing it now.
Bill K
Hi Bill! I have 335 hp Volvos! (2) when I last looked :o)) and they are at least 23 years old so no "magic" electronics only an "electrical" installation, sufficient to get them started and monitor temp and oil pressure, regrettably, no rotary pump and measured electronic fuel delivery for me, I`m afraid, I don`t think that I`d cope with it if I did? I`m having enough trouble coming to terms with how to ajust the "chip" in my Honda Accord, as I want to retard my ignition back to TDC. Anyway electronics and marine installations don`t bode well togeather particularily in small boats (to my mind) and contacts and circuits etc eventually corrode and cause all sorts of problems, with their access to salt air, unless they are in a controlled environment (dehumidified etc) . Thanks for your visit!
Post a Comment