Wednesday, 31 December 2008

New Year Resolutions? Bah humbug!

The first thing I was asked as the start of the new year struck was what resolutions was I going to make? I pondered for a bit and not wishing to be contentious, replied "none"! What sort of an answer is that, what has happened to my new year spirit? nothing, at the very least its an honest answer, as in early years, any made were broken within minutes, let alone days or months.

No I`m not weak willed, but those resolutions worth making are usually life changing and so demand thought and suitable timing. I generally make those resolutions I will keep, throughout the year, or indeed throughout life, stop smoking, stop drinking, be a better person, (well my successfull achievment of that is a matter of opinion) etc.

Yes it could be said that I only choose to reflect on the ones that I have been successful with and I guess to an extent that is true, but hey! thats me. Why wait to the "new year" to make any such resolutions? Tradition? well its traditional to bless bombs and bombers on both sides, so I don`t think tradition should come ito it? Why should one need an excuse, to better ones self or be a better person, just do it as Helen Mac says.

No comments: