Thursday, 1 January 2009

Why do I blog?

Blogging will become like the videos of the past where we sit in front of them and with an incredulous look say " did I really say/do that?" and like the videos and films taken of our past exploits when viewed again, we will have such questions as "Did we really wear that" "just look at my hair?" I go cold even now when I look back at my past comments and in particular my useage of some the quotes of my favourite person (ardie 1978) "redundancy the enema of industry " and " opportunities in life, like tramcars usually appear when you don`t wan`t them and then more than one at a time". Often at the time of Blogging I am on my high horse and rant and rave about what really, in the scale of things, is irrevalant.

So why Blog? in my case It improves my typing skills, fills my already full days, and keeps my feet firmly planted on the ground, I meet (figuratively) some nice people and have yet to meet those that are not. I also hope that as an uneducated non intellectual ( I didn`t say I am not intelligent) it might make me take more care with my "Engrish" language, punctuation and grammar etc? but so far I think I am out of luck :o((

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That rings true, Rob! I love keeping my blog, but am sometimes asked "Why?" and I'm not sure I have a good answer. Some of it is staying in touch with people who are far away, some of it is meeting people you would never know otherwise (present company, for instance). It is fun to look back and see where you've been. There are companies which publish your blog into hard copies (Blog2print: http://serv.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html) and I'm thinking about doing that just as a diary of sorts ~ maybe my grandchildren would appreciate it someday? I do love the Why question...still working out my own answers to it.

rob said...

Hi Jamie! Thanks for your visit! I think that you sum it up superbly. I dont agree with people "living through other people" but unless you can appreciate just how hard ,or good, or sad others lives are you have nothing to measure your own against, does that sound right? Come the spring (end feb) I`m off again "boating" so I don`t get much chance to Blog and I really miss it, even though I only comment on a small number of Blogs. I haven`t even managed to do my winter rounds of Art exhibitions and museums yet, but have a meeting booked with a "professor" of electronics who I hope will help me to get around or over a wall that I have hit recently with the Water thing.

rob said...

Not sure about the publish thing Jamie? I like to keep it all in my control (not that I am "a control freek" you understand? or am I perhaps who knows) If I wanted to "compile" after all that is what it wouuld be I could copy it all to "word", edit it! and go from there couldnt I? ( yea I can so why do I need a company? I actually Know why,because I would never do it, thats why!:o))