Today I got to grips with the controlls of my Ipod!!!! Mmmmmmm! well nearly, :o(( so during the day I loaded a few albums on to the "tiny infinitessimal thing"and this evening I decided to get the whole thing playing properly through just the T.I.T alone ( and not Itunes on the compbox) with the phones. I switched it on and set it to a chosen selection of favourites, laid back in my excecutive chair, at full tilt (just about to fall over backwards) and relaxed, I started the chosen compilation and Blisssssssssss! the beautifull tones of Pavarotti the wonderfull harmonies of the Beatles. the beachboys, and then all of a sudden after about twenty minutes of auditory bliss Banggggggggggggg!!!!!!! the the loudest B52s intro everrrrr. at the very same moment, the gas strut of my so called "executive chair" finally gave way and I was catapulted over the back of the chair and onto the floor of my office. The phone plug came out of the T.I.T at the very same time and I lay for a moment stunned either from the impact on my head, with the carpet, or the suddenly, deafening B52s intro (which I love at their usual volumn level ) slowly, as I came to my senses (I could wait for ever for that to truly happen) I remembered I was fiddling with the "play it again control" on the T.I.T at the time it actually all happened and must have somehow turned the volumn up in between records? Doh!!! That`ll teach me!!!!!!
So, screw driver in hand, I fixed the gas strut and it was back this time to the Coors "I never loved you anyway" I gingerly leaned back again and relaxed, humming along with the Coors and joining in with the odd corus`s or seven? By the time Andrea Coor had got to the line "I`m so glad you moved away" I was in full voice, suddenly realising this, and rather embarrassed, I stopped singing and turned the T.I.T off , then it Happened, I heard this sniggering coming from outside my office door to find my wife laughing her head off at my singing. Well I was crest fallen (as I have an awfull voice) but for those few moments I was transported and I was really enjoying myself. They say "dance like no ones looking" so to that, I will add "sing like no ones listening"
I was so embarresed, just think what would have happened if I had got to Queen???? I should be thankfull that I was only at the B52`s when the gas strut gave way!!!! imagine what would have happened if I had really got to Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody, or the Stranglers :o(( Oh dear the mind boggles at the thought! I think I will save the T.I.T for use on the boat only, when I`m cruising alone (which will be often if the word gets around) where I will usually be off-shore and I can sing at the top of my voice.
Mind you I should have known better as this incident reminds me of my love of a small squeeze box that I have and try to play. I used to sit on the bow of my 29 foot sailing yacht and sing to my hearts content (whilst sailing off shore ) as I played and sung a few numbers badly, the only companion then, of course was Eric my autopilot, so maybe I should have taken note? :o((
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It's good to see you're as clumsy as ever. I had tears in my eyes reading this post. You nutter!
Hi MMMMmmmmmm! thanks for the three posts, far too many, of course, "you shouldn`t have" :o)). It started off as a serious post and ended with me tipping my tea into the keyboard (don`t ask) :o((.
I'm so envious...you have an Ipod and I don't. :(
hi "H" thanks for the visit, of all the people I would have thought that you had an I pod? stick it on your birthday list for the BF amongst other things.
:o))
Post a Comment