Monday, 19 April 2010

Driving through Brighton to

take my refrigeration controller to the electronics repairman ( sure the fridge is Fu*ked) I spotted the American express building! which is almost next to the Job centre which is next to the Law courts. Across the road is a conglomeration of legal practices specialising it the various forms of misdemeanour that takes place around the law courts. Shame that it didnt include bad urban design in their remit. There were people standing outside "Amex house" smoking, people outside the job centre smoking and people standing outside the law-courts smoking too, also across the road there were people standing outside the legal practices smoking! To quote Dick van Dyke ( lots of Dykes in Brighton) "Gord strike a light guvenor!" it Strikes me that a tobacconist would go down well there too as well as a walk in radiographers :o((

4 comments:

bowiechick said...

Ha! Funny you wrote that today.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/04/19/bc-smoking-ban-vancouver-parks-beaches.html

Here you can't smoke within 15 meters of a buildings entrance or even on outdoor patios. I don't smoke but even this seems a bit heavy handed.

rob said...

I don`t either but did very heavily until 20+ then cigars from 3o+ and quit at 38. I also believe in human rights until it effects my family, and then I get twitchy. I`m not sure where I really stand on this???? I feel that its the individuals right to be able do as they wish ( with in the law) and I agree with that, but not to the extent of their actions inflicted on others.What really piss8s me off is that the governments take high tax levels from tobacco fuel house sales clothing and food in fact everything! and we get little back for it! Sh*t i`m off on one !! sorry Tana thanks for visiting love to hear from you X

Anonymous said...

Here in Washington State you can no longer smoke inside establishments. And you can't smoke within 20 feet of entrances. Which for a non smoker like me; I LOVE IT. The friends of mine whom do smoke...gripe all the time. But at least I can go have a drink now and don't have to worry about what I'm wearing because I'll have to take it to the dry cleaner the next day. :)

rob said...

Oh Yes "H" I love it too, as an ex smoker I agree with you but when I was smoking I didn`t smell the niccotine smell and smoke on the clothes in my wardrobe. I guess eventually they will come o terms with it. I reckon that smokers that refuse to stop smoking after surgery for related illnesses should be charged fully for the proceedure work carried out too? that should get some angry comments from smokers??? :o)) WGAF