Did I run for cover like a sissy as the cells, glass container exploded in a shower of deadly shards of Glass??????????? No chance I stood there like a ------- yeah right! No chance is right! I forgot it and boiled it dry trying to strech the boundaries, Doh!
You see, I can run it for 45 minutes quite happily, before I choose to turn it off and leave it cool down for a while, in that time it gets to around 50 degrees C , and I think that is high enough for soda glass. I have designed a cooling system with a small pump but as yet I need to know more of what it throws out in the way of heat, so as I said, I thought that I would push the boundaries further, and now I do pretty much know :o((.
It was OK when I checked its output at 50 degrees C. Two hours later it had gone, passed on, expired, So!!!!!! I forgot that I had it running and it boiled dry these things happen ! Newton was hit on the head by an apple Me I burnt the cakes? The soda glass cracked around the bottom seal and any remaining water evacuated, and it was done, RIP little one! so now I build mark 7 and embark on another couple of years of experimenting and pawing over past Patents and lectures given by the likes of Stan Myers, Nicolai Tesler and chasing a dream.
9 comments:
Alas, it is always the failure in life where the lessons are usually learned and you can't do so without making at very least an effort. Good going!
Hi Tana thanks for the comment I usually try to learn by others mistakes :o(( not this time!
Tee hee I love you and your experiments.
You're like the mad scientist crazy uncle who lives in the attic.
You might become the first honorary male member of the "Bat Shit Bitches" club.
We won't even make you pay any dues :))))
Mata ne
Liz
Love it! Love it! Loveit!!! is there an initiation Liz? I`m your bat/man/bitch :o)) Hmmmm I think!
Good job it stopped there, otherwise the balaclava'd assasins of the oil sheiks would have burst through your garage door!
Remember someone once said that "every failure brings you closer to success". Dunno who, could have been me?
Cheers
James
Ahhhhh Dear James and Fuffy! great to hear from you, Yes I wonder who said that? it could only have been somebody who has far too many failures in their life couldn`t it Tee Hee. I think it will be a good few years before Ive failed enough don`t you? I`m researching injectors at the moment that I can maybe strip down and have chromed or nickel plated for use with water. have you got any Ideas? I have a single cylinder diesel engine that has obviously one injector and I intend introducing a spark plug to the system too, as well as a hall effect sensor on the flywheel to activate both the new injector pump and the spark plug? have a think for me would you please I just know you will be able to come up with something.
If the injector is (physically)large so you could probably refit a pair in roughly the same footprint should you want to (i'm thinking start), likewise with a spark/glow plug. You'd have to lower the compression somewhat or you may "clear" a fairly large area of Brighton or South London
Failing all of this however you could buy one of BMW's Hydrogen 7 series cars. a snip at a few 100k!
Thanks for that James food for thought. the BMW car runs off bottled hydrogen and is either an lpg car which runs on hydrogen (Californian buses do that already and I could convert a car to do this over night with an LPG kit and a prayer-ish :o)) )or it has batteries with a fuel cell to create its electricity,I believe! So basically, you still have to purchase Hydrogen at a filling station, and drive around with a large amount of explosive gas in the boot. The "Gas on demand" idea negates nearly all the explosive risks ( even lower risk than gasolene) and doesn`t just rely on Kevlar reinforced tanks that don`t split in a collision? good to hear from you and thanks for the thoughts, we must get togeather again soon if you fancy itand could put up with my company for a third time :o)) Take care Rob!
Post a Comment