all three strands :o)) so I visited my usual Barber (my other half!) the proceedure is that I ask for a haircut and in a week or two we both remember and get on with it! my first set of clippers were battery driven and were often forgotten on the charging stakes so half way through the haircut, they would die and not only that my hair would get pulled out, as my overzelous better
half would remember all the horrid things I had done to her in the past and usually the neck hairs would be the first to suffer (Ouuuuuuch!) .
Now I have a mains pair with a lead that she can strangle me with, (and does). She is very good and has years of practice with the kids and a pudding basin, so she jokingly makes the experience as near to the real thing as my visiting my old barber, with bad jokes and a parting comment "Anything for the weekend sir?" ;0)).
The workings of the clippers are simple they cut your hair right down to the scalp (no 1 shaved) or with the attachment of various plastic shields they will leave your hair at various lengths ( up to a B52) accordingly, so today! having repeatedly asked for a "No 3" (short) for the summer and never having got it, I said I`d leave it to her! Mmmmm, Big Mistake!
So with both the clippers (old battery and new mains) still in the box and a double helping of shields she, without her glasses (vanity) sorted the "relevant shield" and off we go with the new turbocharged clippers straight across from ear to ear (about 25 hairs) :o)) suddenly everything goes quiet and with alarm, she states, Ohhhh! "I have the wrong shield on, what are we going to do now?" I, somewhat concerned (being very fussy about my appearance) I sudenly see the large amount (well large for me) of hair on my lap, by now she is sniggering which gradually turns into full blown nervous laughing when I ask " what do you mean what are we going to do?" "you are the barber what are you going to do?"
A few seconds passed and more laughter then a quick flash with the hand held mirror! "Hold it still I cant see!" Sh*t I looked like the lawn does with the first cut of the spring and the first pass of the mower. "Blo*dy hell" I commented not being able to think of anything else to say. She is now calming down a bit but the stark reality is occuring to her, that I will probably choose to walk around with my hair like that until it grows again (wearing a placard on my chest stating, don`t get your hair cut by this woman with a photo of her attached) :o)) "I`ll adjust the clippers and we`ll be able to comb it over" she sniggers again nervously, "Comb it over?" I shriek "how can I go back to doing that" (remembering in the past, the Punk Look I would get as the wind blew from the wrong direction ) No I stated ( ever the hero) "do the lot like that" ("the lot" in my case is about 25 hairs or a little less than a "balding monks" worth of hair) so off we go and I finally, as we now approach the colder weather, got my "No 3" haircut. Anybody got an ex russian army fur hat I can borrow :o))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HAHAHAHA! I didn't notice!
Shhhhhhhh!
Post a Comment