Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Boy did I have great day today!

Sure the Southampton boat show was OK and those nice people on the Nordhaven stand put up with me, yet again ,traipsing around their boats with my tongue dragging on the ground dribbling all over their nice deep pile carpets, Wow they are great boats! no they are fabulous boats, built by a great attitude company, with great staff. For a business model, many companies could learn a lot from them, Nordhaven Rock!!!!! for a "stinkpot" manufacturer that is, Tee Hee! :o))

To crown my day off perfectly I had trouble free, free parking in Ocean village and guess what After 3/4 years of talking to them on the net I finally got to meet James and Claire who live there (until next week ish) and were kind enough to let me park in their parking space and to put up with my ramblings for a few hours ( in the after-evening)while they plied me with food.

Thanks for that Clair and James you were ideal hosts and lovely people to boot ( hope to see you again soon and may I wish you much happiness in your new "Home") Just when it all seemed that the evening was, sadly, to come to an end? I was whisked off to meet, and yes!!!! to be photo`d with the World famous Easter Bunny of the year Bibbbbbbi the bun! What a day? one of those that will go down in my memory, as a really great day, Wow! I am breathless from all the exitement. Thanks again Clair and James for a really great afternoon and evening.

8 comments:

Fuff said...

The pleasure was all ours!
It was great to see you at last, lovely Orb.
Would be great to meet again soon, hopefully in Beaulieu
xxx

rob said...

Look forward to it! :o))

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very good time! Nordhaven are awesome boats! My boyfriend drools just as much as the next yachtsman any time we see one. Our Seattle BoatsAfloat Show is this coming weekend. I think we're going and of course...we'll walk on the Nordhaven's. Last summer we were fortunate enough to be taking an evening stroll down by the water and there was a beautiful 44' Nordhaven tied to the dock. We were drooling of course. Well all of a sudden the owners showed up and we said 'hi' they were so friendly, the next thing we knew we were getting a tour on their boat and sat and visited with them for over an hour! Boyfriend got to learn alot about Nordhaven's and he's completely in love.
Boaters truly are great people! :)

rob said...

Hi "H" thanks for your visit, in the UK and more particularily at the boat shows here! you are expected to arrange a visitm to a particular boat, and be shewn around by a nenber of the company. I as an " aspirational boater" and one who at one time never felt that I could afford a princess 45 let alone a Nordhaven, would suffer the indignities often inferred upon me as a "no hoper" by the staff, in as much as they couldn`t wait to get rid of me and often tried to talk down to me (not easy as I`m a strong character) They would ask what boat do you have now and sneer when I told them that it was a del quay dory from which I would dive from, and yes I did have a wish to own one of their beautiful boats, but by now they would be looking for the next client and ushering me towards the boarding ramp with one shoe half on and the other floating in the water where I had dropped it, and he was soon to follow to collect it for me (Earls court 1979 Princess stand) Five years ago the Nordhavens co[leted their trip across the pond ( Atlantic) and I arrived early at the boat show I immediately made for the Nordy stand and with no one about stood waiting for somebody to show when a guy came out and asked if I would like to have a look? Boy did I? and he spent an hour showing me the full intricacies of his boat as not only was the boat his, so was the company, he informe me when I said that I would never be able to afford a vessel such as his, to which he replied, that he never though he would ever own a company such as his and that "you never know" What a nice couple they were (yes his wife had accompanied him to the show) and the sort of person that I could buy a boat from (if I had the money) I do feel that the difference between the "Nordy" people and the brit builders is this easy going eager to please and Kind attitude, (No not condesending, kind) I have visited their boats each year since and recieved the very same kindness and "proud to show you their product" attitude, Long may you reign "Nordy" The btits are sure missing a trick here and could learn a lot from an easier sales attitude. I did enjoy the show or rather the "Nordy" stand and I hope that you and the BF enjoy your show too Take care thanks again for your visit.

Anonymous said...

Rob that is a great story! I'm so envious that you got to meet the owner! I'm going to tell boyfriend that you did so he can be envious with me! ha ha.
It is true...you never know...and you can pretty much do anything you want if you put your mind to it! :) have a great rest of the week!

rob said...

Thanks for that and you two also have a great rest of the weekend! Oh mine starts on thursday and ends on wenesday so I don`t do so bad really :o))

Jamie said...

Rob, you do have a tendency to run into wonderful people, don't you? Just a knack you've got! Sounds like a great time :)

rob said...

Hi Jamie it sure was a great time!the sort that you just know that if you never see them again you will remember them fondly! just like with my meet with "Our girl". Take care "have a great fall" (sounds a bit like saying "break a leg" as they say here in the UK as an actor goes onto the stage for the first performance) :o))