I have my dingy back, finished and the Davits back on the boat so that I can easily get her in and out of the water so maybe it wasnt such a bad project ?

I think that I am quite pleased with the final result!
being accident prone I did have an incident when winding the starboard Davit up, the dingy tipped I grabbed it to stop it going too far and the pawl on the ratchet didn`t locate when I let the handle go (as the clutch mechanism springs had somehow detached) and the handle started to spin by my right ear. So as not to inflich any damage to my "new" dingy I jammed my fore arm against the handle stopping it from allowing the dingy to drop too far. The downside (isn`t there always just one?) was that the handle carved a lump of skin off my forearm , I now have a two inch (soon to be white when it heals and the swelling goes down) square scar right in the middle of my tanned forearm, (such vanity eh?) :o)
10 comments:
Looks great Rob!
Thanks for the visit Tana! I thought so, I have one small hole with a patch over it and an even smaller pair of holes (scratches really, that don`t even go through to the mesh interlayer and thats all. I made my own strops for lifting out from terylene webbing and various S.S rings and shackles etc. I taped that as I wanted them and got an upholsterer, to sew them as I instructed him and instead of £20/30 it cost me about £5 :o)). I currently have a 5 HP yamaha outboard on her which isnt really enough (adequate though) and I have a 13 HP one also which I feel is to big and heavy to lift on the davits, although they are designed to take the weight. I guess time will tll I think I will eventually go for a 10 HP four stroke having sold both the engines that I have at the moment, who knows what omorrow will bring? :o))take care!
Nice boat! :o))))
Teeeeee Heeeeeee Mmmmmmm!
Grate dingy
Grate job with the mounts.
No job is totally done until you get your "war wounds"
Wear them with pride ;))
Mata ne
Liz
Hi Liz thanks for the visit noce to hear from you :o))
Hey Rob your lil boat turned out great! :) what a nice find! Good job, I hope you get lots of years of use out of her. :)
Hi "H" thanks for the visit. I guess it`ll see me out? it certainly isn`t as big a wind bag as I am though :o)) Tee Hee.
Rob, I am starting to think that you have a harem of fans around the world. LL
Hi Liz thanks for your visit! oh that it were true good to hear from you hope all goes well with Immi etc look forward to seeing you and Jack take care!
Post a Comment