Sunday, 21 June 2009

Still on the boat and

I thought that I would take a piccie of the local fishing fleet as they were mostly in harbour due to bad weather. Quite a mixed and mottley lot these boats are. Mostly used inshore and for bottom feeders , potting, drift netting ,and long lining, in fact anything that will pay the bills as fishing stocks are getting very depleted since the EEC took away our "qoutas" and gave them to the French and Spanish boats. I feel quite honored to say that there is still a working fishing fleet in the same Harbour as me. Gone are days of the great Brixham Trawler fleets and our North sea fishing stocks, which were worth fighting over at one time (and believe me we did fight) this small fleet of tiny boats are, generally, what we have been reduced to to feed out country (other than importing it in from , Yes!!!!!!!! you guessed it , the Blo0dy EEC) ! Sad times eh? :o((

No comments: