Sure the aches and pains of yesterdays "Kitchen gymnastics" are coming to fruition the worse time for me is about 24 hours after the actual injury and then it starts to get better (it gets better much slower now as the old metabolism is much slower!
As you all know, I`m sure! whith these sort of "petty" injuries, whatever position you try to sleep in there is some niggling pain somewhere that stops you from getting off to sleep well thats what happent to me tonight! I`d just "get off" and in the natural progression of my sleep pattern, I would need to turn over and Wammo!!!!! the pain would cause me to sit bolt upright and "holler"! (no I didn`t shout "shit! whats the time? I need to go home" I tried it once in fun, and it was about five weeks before my wife would talk to me again! Heaven :o))!!!! only joking!) I did however shout "Shit" ( and a few other expletives) once or twice! much to the annoyance of my wife as she managed to hear it over her snooring!
So here I am sitting in my new Star Trek "excecutive" chair trying desperately to think of a subject to Blog about whilst shifting from One buttock to another and sitting forward and backwards in a desperate attempt to keep cumfortable, I must look like a Guiness book of records Contestant attempting the fastest time to "Chew a tofee in your A*se" :o((! It sure feel like it from where I`m "sitting"!!!!!
This seems appropriate if ever it could be? Star Trek grafitti seen on a toilet wall in a pub, in noss mayo, Devon, UK on a sailing trip (sure I go to pubs!) see below!
Don`t beam me up yet Scottie as I`m having a shi
Yawn!!!!!Time for bed again! Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sweet dreams Rob! Don't let the bed bugs bite! It's 8:37pm here and I'm off to bed in a few me self!
Sleep tight "H"
Rob, I used to be in a huge amount of pain with issues that actually originated in my jaw, that radiated down my right shoulder to the elbow and wrist (carpal tunnel). I went to a fellow that did cranio sacral therapy - a physiotherapist who saved my life. He turned me on to the Miracle Ball Method by Anna Petrone. They are these 4-5" squishy balls that you put in strategic places and just lay on them and breathe. These are a fabulous way to manage pain. I happened to pick up a set at Costco for $14 CDN and they were a great investment. Look them up on Amazon.com and read all the reviews too. I can manage my own pain now and I don't have to visit the physio anymore!!
Thanks for that Tana lovely of you to comment I have been using a tennis ball for years doing much the same thing I lay up against a polished door, place the ball in a suitable place and then whats best described as "jiggle" until I get some relief! I will certainly look up the balls that you mentioned as they might be much better in conjunction with breathing. I also use acupuncture to quell any aches I have too which I found does work in fact I cured my phisical migrane head ache and only suffer from the visual effects which I dont seem to be able to help. Thanks again for your visit.
Post a Comment