Sunday, 19 April 2009

Just playing with a new program

St katherines basin where the Thames barges used to ply their trade from, and I sometimes visit with my boats :o))
This place was re built on its original site with the help and dedication of Sam Wanamaker anybody know what it is?

most of these photos belong to another post so please bear with me while I sort them out. These things "ferry glide" into the dock with hardly a bump. I travelled to the Tate modern in one from Tower pier


My most favourite statue (other than anything by augustus john) outside the hotel where I stayed with the roadworks just behind! I did get moved to the opposite side of the Hotel which overlooked St katherines basin. (first photo)

A view from my room overlooking some other bloggers moorings.






I`m trying to easily get photos onto this blog so bear with me please! who knows it may even be worth the wait (I doubt it though)

7 comments:

bowiechick said...

Splendid Rob. I especially like the one with all the "other blogger boats".

If that sort of thing was here anywhere in the GVRD (Greater Vancouver Regional District) the Port Authority, NIMBYs and muni bureaucrats would have kittens - thousands of kittens.

rob said...

It probably started off as a commercial barge pier! and then when the lighters (as they were called) stopped trading the off water person moved on and it just went from there. their is a (some say disreputable) conglomerate of so called marine persons who lease the commercial sites that were obtained by Grandfathers rights and then sub let out for gain. at present there isnt much law in force to protect the lesees, so maybe better at your end?

Fuff said...

Lovely pics, Orb.

rob said...

Thanks Fuffy hows Bibi doing?

Jamie said...

Nice pics, Rob! Keep sharing them ~ they add to the flavor of your writing. Yum!

rob said...

Thanks for that Jamie I am afraid that I am not very crewative ,like some, but I`ll try.

rob said...

Oppps! a freuidian slip I am afraid, I meant "creative"!:o((