Friday, 21 November 2008

An eventful day in the life of a Pi*s Poor photographer





Well I didnt start off too bad with this post but I kept loosing contact and every time I finished loading a photo it closed down :o(( anyway being back in circulation I thought Id check the bilges for water and take and post some photos. The engine room hatch is situated in the Saloon floor and at the head of the stairs down to the galley and accomodation cabins, so I removed it and standing it to one side I switched on the lights and deended into the depths, there was no water and all was well in the engine room world. I climbed back up and switching the access lights off . I was momentarily distracted by a passing felow boater calling good morning to me and turning round stepped forward, and you guessed it! entered the engine room again without using the ladder. Suddenly I was transported into to the darkness via my right shin crashing on the hatch frame and I landed in a disgruntled heap on the engine room deck. What had I done to deserve this, only a moments lack of concentration and bang here I was. Battered and bruised and suffering from shock! not the normal version you understand but the sort that you get when you realise that you have been so stupid. The dust settled and bleeding profusely from two fair sized wounds I climbed the ladder again and patched myself up with some kitchen roll and bright red gaffer tape (it didnt warrant proper dressings until the bleeding had stopped :o)). I took a few photos (badly) and hope that they will do for now until I get to do some fully lighted ones (the curtains were shut and the cover was on the front windscreens) . I will get the hang of loading phots one day and keping them in order but for now I hope these will do ?





















10 comments:

Fuff said...

Cooor. That's a bit posh for my eyes Orb :)

rob said...

Ahhh, Fuff thats nice of you she is quite old but well preserved (unlike me) I like her.

Polkadot said...

Lovely boat.
Where do you keep it?
Hallso, I encourage you to set up a live video feed directly from your boat so that we can watch all your mishaps live.
Tee hee.
You'd get more hits than that puppies site.

bowiechick said...

It's a sexy lookin' thing ya got there Rob!

Polkadot said...

If I come back to the UK next year for whatever stuff, I'd love to stay on your boat and party with you round that fab table.

rob said...

You are all soooo sweet! thanks. She is based on the south coast and only an hour by train from Central London (she is 20 minutes from the local city and the buses arrive about every 7 minutes 24/7) loads to do lots of shops and restaurants and a yacht club, so I very much look forward to your visits/stays should you ever be in the area. :o))

Polkadot said...

I love your boat. Boats are such fun to stay on. Everyday is like adrenalin camping, even if at a marina or on a buoy.

Polkadot said...

Orb Orb!
Apparantly there are some cheap flights out of Malaysia soon..like super cheap, like, uh, 100 squid one way, to your boat. I might come and visit!!!

Polkadot said...

Well, Stanstead, butthat's kinda near....

rob said...

Just let me know when :o))?